Monday, May 12, 2014

BSS MONDAY IDEA - EMBOSS IT.

Welcome to the Buffalo Stamps and Stuff Monday Idea.

When embossing folders came on the scene a few years ago, I could not get enough of them.
I have amassed quite a collection, but for what they add to card making, I think they are the best thing since sliced bread! And you get a lot of bang for your buck!  The texture and patterns give our cards
so much more eye appeal.

This week, I have made three simple cards using various embossing folders.

All cards are 41/4 by 5 1/2 inches.

#1 A Graduation card.


#2 Its a boy.


#3 Thank You card


What I used

#1 Grad card
Embossing Folder - Darice, Mortarboard 
Sentiment Stamp - Inkadinkado 95060-K
Grossgrain ribbon from my stash
Black and White card stock.

#2 It's a Boy

Diamond Embossing Folder -Quickutz 
Buggy Die - Cottage Cuts cc4x4-493
Punches small circles with a hand punch and 
placed them where the diamonds crossed.
Swiss Dots Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug
Ribbon from my stash

#3 Butterfly Thank You

Embossing Folder - M-bossibilities ES-011 Spellbinders
Sponged green ink lightly around embossed mat
Butterfly Dies - Spellbinders Grand - Wonderful Wings LF006
I cut one set from Vellum and one from Card stock
Sentiment - Penny Black Special Wishes clear set 30-229
Punched out with a Marvy small oval punch
Dotted ribbon trim

Simple cards that pack a lot of punch.

Thanks for stopping by today.  
Have a great week.
Sue Drees



No comments: