Monday, May 26, 2014

BSS MONDAY IDEA - Stenciled Background

Welcome to the Buffalo Stamps and Stuff Monday Idea.

Stencils are all the rage.  I purchased the Memory Box Diamond stencil a couple of
weeks ago and it laid on my craft room table neglected.  So.....I opened it up and got
to work this week, and found out I loved it!

A close up of the stenciled background.
Click on the picture to get a closer look.


The finished card.


What I used.

Stamp - Hero Arts - Delicate Blossoms Clear Stamp (CL-449
Paper, White card base 5x7, Orange and peach card stock mats, White card stock
Stencil - Memory Box - Diamond - (88522)
Die - Spellbinders - 5x7 Mystical Embrace
Embossing Folder - Darice - Damask
Sponged Edges behind die with Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Frantage Embossing Powder - Shabby Blue Stampendous
WOW Natural Ultra Shimmer Embossing Glitter
Blue Gingham ribbon

How I made this card.

Taped the stencil onto white card stock with low tack tape,
so it stayed put.  Using different colors of blue dye ink and a finger
sponge dauber, I added color to the stencil until I was happy with
the coverage.  Remove the stencil and cut to the size you need for
your card. If you need it bigger, just move the stencil over, tape, and repeat.
  I ran a Versamark ink pad around the edge of the
stenciled piece then sprinkled the Shabby Blue Frantage embossing 
powder around the edge and heated.
Colored the image and fussy cut it out.  This took time, but it looks so
nice cut out against the stenciled background.  I used Copic
markers to color.  The beautiful Spellbinders die was cut
with white card then sponged with the Versamark ink pad
then sprinkled with WOW Natural Ultra Shimmer Embossing
Glitter and heated.  I only did the edges, as that all that was
going to show on my card.
Run the orange mat through the embossing folder, then sponged edges
lightly with Vintage Photo Distress ink.
Adhere the stenciled piece to the peach mat, the cut flowers to the center
of the stenciled piece.  Tie a bow at the base of the stem of the flowers
around this piece. I glued the stems under the flowers down, then
used pop dots to raise the flowers.  Used foam tape to adhere mat
to center of the die.

I am loving this stenciled background, hope you do too. Can't wait to check
out the selection at the store and get a couple more.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Have a nice week.

Sue Drees

No comments: