Tuesday, January 20, 2015

How to Thursday...

 I'm a blog hog! I am so much the more the watcher vs. the doer. Almost every day I check out the craft/stamping/paper/artist sites I have bookmarked on my computer. This serves two purposes. First, I get really excited and inspired by all the samples and demos on how companies and artists utilize the products you and I have access to from the store. Sometimes I get to show Sharon a new product or technique I've found although to tell the truth, those times are very few because Sharon is so up on what the latest and greatest but I try! Second, it's a perfect way to avoid doing work around the house that I should be doing - don't tell!

One of my favorite sites is Lawn Fawn. I found this video and intended to post it to BSS's web site but I posted here to the blog by mistake. Lawn Fawn along with many of the other companies we carry are starting to seriously combine their stamps with dies. This video is a great example of how to utilize those combinations AND illustrates the technique for coloring them with Tim Holtz Distress Ink. I also liked how she utilized the mini ink pads, giving her just the right amount of color on her craft mat. The instructions and video are great, easy to understand, see and include great tips and tricks. Enjoy!



Now on to our Thursday finds.

New Hedgehig stamps from Penny Black. 

New dies from C.C. Designs and new stamps...



Barely out of the box from Stampers Anonymous and Dyan Reaveley...



We also had a request for a photo of the MFT Mixed Media class. 
I'll try and get it posted on the website also later today

A little inspiration for you from Memory Box.

Lastly, there's been a reported Sharon sighting. We expect her back in the store on Saturday. Apparently Jessica and Scott want their baby back!  See you next week!








1 comment:

Carol Held said...

You, and this store are AMAZING! Your cards are AMAZING! Thanks for all you do for us! Did I mention how AMAZING your staff are? Simply "AMAZING"!