Thursday, March 24, 2016

Back in the Saddle Again! - Thursday

I'm back in the store after two weeks away and I've got a sore neck! I keep turning, turning, stopping short, backing up, looking up, looking down, doing double takes - you get it, everything you do the first time you come to the store after being away for a while. I'm also playing catch-up with the new classes and our spring-summer guest artist schedule.

BIG NEWS! We have the fabulous Sandy Allnock coming in May! Mark your calendars, May 19-22 Sandy will be here doing a wide variety of classes. Sandy is an accomplished colorist, stamper, teacher, blogger and can be found on You Tube with a large and varied library of coloring tutorials. We are planning a selection of three and six hour classes from Thursday evening through Sunday. Sharon is finalizing the class selection process today and we will be sending emails out and posting on the website a complete schedule when complete. We will post photos of the classes as soon as they are made available to us and of course, I'll add photos and info to the blog as we we have it. I'm personally very excited as I've been following Sandy for awhile and I'm a huge fan of her Copic Hex chart (can't color without it!)


And, there's more! Dina Wakely, a Ranger Signature Designer will be here in July! Dina has a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. We carry many of Dina's products and they are very popular with those of you who enjoy art journaling and mixed media designs. Here is a blurb about Dina from her web page:

I am a mixed-media artist and teacher. I love everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it.  I teach both in-person and online workshops. I have been scrapbooking since 1995, stamping since 1996, and art journaling since 2004. I have kept a personal journal since I was nine years old. I believe in writing yourself down, expressing yourself, and making your mark on the world.

Dina will be visiting the store July 8-9 and will be offering several classes featuring techniques, design and utilizing a wide variety of products. As with Sandy Allnock's classes, we will keep everyone in the loop via email, the blog, Facebook and Instagram. As soon as more specifics on class descriptions, times and sign ups become available we will be posting like crazy!

Now, back to my twisted neck...here are few photos of what's new for me and hopefully for you!

Queen  & Co. Has a new collection of products to make shaker cards; foam cut out shapes and patterns, micro beads, patterned sequins, foam confetti and mini gems!


To pick up those little pieces of bling...


New AI window view stamps (featured in one of Sharon's classes this month and next).

Down on the farm papers from Authentique - Love these!


Lastly, we are restocked on several if these delightful bouquet stamps and dies from Taylored Expressions. I used some of my time off last week to color a selection of a these stamps and it was so fun! (I used my Hex Chart from Sandy Allnock!) 

See you next week with photos from our guest artists! Have a happy and blessed Easter everyone. 


No comments: