Thursday, May 26, 2016

Transition Thursday

Welcome to my last Thursday post for the summer, maybe...We're playing musical workdays for a few months and I'm switching with Alison and will be working on Tuesday afternoon for the summer. I just need to get into the rhythm of a different posting schedule. Still not sure how it's going to work so please bear with me. I'll be posting either Wednrsday or my usual Thursday (hopefully just earlier in the day), depending on what's new. 

Here's what's going on at the ranch (any 'Pioneer Woman' fans out there?) We had a great weekend with Sandy Allnock. 



It was a whirlwind of color and techniques. I think we all had the opportunity to learn something new and to expand on our existing knowledge and skills. I personally loved experimenting more with watercolor. Using both pencils and distressed markers, for me, was really fun. I hope everyone who had a chance to take one or more of Sandy's classes enjoyed their experience. 

We have got a busy, busy, BUSY summer in store for us. There are three store weddings, we're hoping to schedule our annual garage sale for July and Dina Wakely is coming in July. We are also working on new classes for our next newsletter in July. There is also Memorial Day this weekend, July 4th, graduations, Father's Day, vacations and more! Who said summer was for relaxing!

I have a few things for this week and maybe a refresher on a few others; here we go.
Beautiful new papers, perfect for anyone with a new house (congratulate Janelle when you see her)!

All that coloring made me give Northwoods florals another look.


(I love lilacs!)

Mama Elephant is new. This set was featured on Jennifer McGuire's blog earlier this week

Thinking watercolor again. This stamp set also has a die set to match. 

Seriously cute From Avery Elle

We have a large selection of many of the Art Impression rubber cling stamps Sandy featured in her class. One of the great things about these stamps is how you can combine many of these sets and use many of the floral accent pieces in different combinations..

We had a wonderful response to the Bible journaling class. Here is Inky Antics 'Devotions' stamps. We also have journaling Bibles for sale. We are also thinking about starting a Bible Journaling class. It would be a collaborative style class where you could share your style and decorative ideas with others and highlight passages and chapters personal to you. Right now we're thinking the class would meet either once or twice a month. If you are interested, share your thoughts and ideas with Sharon the next time you are in. 

I so want a vacation! But since that's not happening I'll live vicariously through this paper! Great paper from Authentique and I love the New York State paper. 

What would summer be without a cold adult beverage (or a Shirley Temple) as you sit out in the sun?! This set from Pink and Main has you covered! Several other companies have stamps and dies with this 'Cheers!' theme too. 

Lastly, it's Memorial Day weekend. Please keep our fallen heroes, past and present in your thoughts as we enjoy the freedoms they made the ultimate sacrifice for possible. Make a card or a scrapbook page to honor a veteran in your life. 
That's it for this week. Have a great holiday weekend and I'll see you next time!

No comments: