Friday, June 2, 2017

It's the Weekend!

Hi, everyone! I'm here on Friday with this week's post. We've got a few new things in so let's get right to it.

Father's Day is just 16 days away and we've got some fun ideas for you. Mona is the creative force behind these cards.
I love this card created with the AI Utility knife die. It's hard to see but each tool has a little sentiment on it and I believe the knife comes right off the card. Perfect for that Jack of All Trades Dad!

I wanted to get in all the cool tool dies we have so I didn't focus on the card too much in this sample even though I love the card and it's sentiment.

So your Dad isn't Mr. Fix-it around the house. To tell the truth, my DH (darling husband) barely knows where the hardware store is let alone what to do with all the stuff in it. (Shhh! don't tell him I said so!)

However, he loves his baseball! So if sports is your guy's thing. How about a sports inspired card. Lots of golfers out there!



Next up is the new Darcie's Tin Pins stamps. These stamp sets can be used with or without the matching pins. I love the little woodland fox and the sleeping unicorn. How cute for a little girl birthday! We have several of the older Tin Pin stamp sets along with their pins and we also have some of the older pins* loose, that you can purchase if you've run out of pins for your older stamp sets.

*There are three Father/Dad/Guy stamp sets that we are featuring in the Father's Day section, The beer stamp set, the fishing set and the grilling set. If you have one of these sets already and are looking for more pins, we have them loose. Just check the Father's Day display or ask one of us in the store.

I'm always looking around the store for things that we have that are not part of a big release or that aren't featured on a product or designer blog. Items that you might like or have overlooked as you walk through the store. (I've been told we can be a little overwhelming - nah!) I found these stamp and dies sets from Sizzix and thought they were cute and would make some great cards.

We are 'beta' testing our first Buffalo Stamps and Stuff exclusive stamp set! We've received a few sets from our manufacturer and Sharon will be putting in an order shortly. We can't wait to make them available to you! For those of you who are out of town or who come to the stamp show in Hamburg in August, we are planning on bringing a good supply with us to the show.

Lastly, I have a tip from one of our customers for using Prima's Color Blooms shimmer sprays. Donna S. was having difficulty getting the spray to dry on a project she was working on. She called the store, unfortunately she got me on the phone (I was clueless) and every idea I had she had already tried and it hadn't worked. Donna finally called Prima! Turns out that the Color Blooms work great on paper. Dry with a heat gun or just air dry, BUT - if you are using it on a mixed media project with gesso or texture paste or any other non paper surface, add a little mica powder. This will enable the Color Bloom to dry and not smear or come off. Thanks Donna S.!

If you have a handy, dandy tip you want to share, leave a comment below or email me at alexamom01@yahoo.com and I'll be glad to share it on the blog! Have a great weekend and I'll see you next week.

No comments: