Monday, August 21, 2017

BSS IDEA - Flower Lanterns

WELCOME TO THE BUFFALO STAMPS AND STUFF IDEA.

I hope you are enjoying the last bit of summer before
kids start to return to school.

This week, I tackled the Flower Lanterns stamp
from Penny Black.  The card I am showing here
today is my third attempt.  But I finally figured it
out.  I stamped the image onto water color paper
using Antique Linen distress ink.  I then 
water colored it using various colors of my
distress inks.  Just tap your pad onto your
craft sheet and spritz with water to create
water colors.  




Stamp - Penny Black - Flower Lanterns (40-547)
Embossing Folder - Sizzix 3-D Textured Impressions
Basketweave
Candi embellishments
I loaded the brush with dark brown and then
green water color paint and tapped it over
the image to create splatters.
Gingham bow to complete.

Then
I used the same method
of stamping, so you get the detail, but colored

with my Copics.


I think I like the copics the best, but have
to admit that watercoloring is not my talent.

Thanks for stopping by today. 
 Have a great week.
Sue Drees

2 comments:

Cheri Reed said...

Both are beautiful. I love the watercolor. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I think you did a beautiful job as well. They are both gorgeous cards. Thank you for sharing with us.