Friday, October 6, 2017

New this week

Just a quick post this morning. Yesterday was a busy day all around and later today we say goodbye to Debbie. We got in the new release from Taylored Expressions and there are several really nice stamps and dies. Maybe a word or two on each...

First up is this Mason jar and what could be peppermint candies - I see a shaker in someone's future!

I really like the layered tree; their sample, not so much. I'd love to see it as the basis of an outdoor scene with maybe some deer around it and some snow glitter on one of the layers. You could also mask off the bottom of the tree to make a tree that appears in the distance. Ideas, we've got ideas.

I love some of these phrases for tag designs and the inside of cards and who doesn't want to make a snowman?!?

TE had a nativity scene die several years ago that was insanely popular. I see the same possibility with these two dies. The bottom one would make a great box card.

This is a great tag die. you cut a tag any size larger than the window you want to lift up. Set your die on the tag, run through your machine and you have a tag with window you can lift up to reveal a message inside. The top edge of the die is a score line - not a cut line! Check out the sample in the store.

You know I love the bouquet line TE has. I've been waiting for another version to be released and this is it! Flowers in a sleigh, dashing through the snow or on a holiday table, whatever! It will join my other bouquet stamps.

We've also gotten in some new Altenew. I'm happy to see a menorah stamp and verses for my Jewish friends and the world ornament is different and unique. Got to admit, I scooped up the holiday verses stamp for the inside of my cards.

Lastly, I have to end on something bright and cheery. This is Altenew's sunflower stamp with two gorgeous cards and a tag.
On behalf of Sharon, Mark and everyone here at BSS I'd like to send a sincere thank you to everyone who sent a card to Debbie. The cards were on display at her calling hours and showed her family and friends how much she was loved by everyone she touched at the store. See you next week.

No comments: