Thursday, November 9, 2017

On the Road Again, Part Deux

I'm on the road again this weekend but for a not so fun reason. My stepmother-in-law passed away and we're headed to Connecticut for the memorial service. It will be a long trip as we are going to swing down to Ithaca to pick up Alexa.

The past weekend was lots of fun with my girls, as always. I did no scrapping! I did do card making though and got a handle on my card classes for this month and next. As always I forgot a few things necessary to make what I wanted to make and wanted to swap out a few things that weren't working for other things which made coming away with a completed project pretty much moot! I'll post a photo of a layout or two at the end of the post.

I really want to show you what is new (which will be hard since I haven't been to the store!) I have my ways though...

First up, Altenew. This is just a lovely layered rose stamp and matching die.

KaiserCraft is coming out with some beautiful, intricate dies. I love this sample. Keep in mind it will take several layers of cutting to get this effect but I think it's worth it.

Great die for a man card or dressed up for a holiday card.

For those of you who didn't do Stamp Camp, this is a great little box we created using the Lawn Fawn box die and a tiny tag set. The box is an investment. I will say that BUT - you would have so many uses throughout the year. It is perfect for small notecards, gift cards and more!

Taylored Expressions is in! Lots of new stamps and coordinating dies. Look at all the sentiments you get in the stamp on the right in this top photo.



 Just in time for the new year - mini calendars for 2018. I believe there are 10 in a pack.

I told you I would post some layouts from my friends from last week. Here are a few:
Suzanne's daughter looks as zany as she is!
Amy's daughter had  a loose tooth that she refused to wiggle out. Finally, her Dad had to bribe her to pull it out that last little bit!
 Recognize Button Farm? Jessica worked on "all those kits that I buy that I never finish!"
Amy, the woman who did the second layout and this one of NYC is a perfectionist. Trust me when I say this is not the final version. She will change it up until she finds just the perfect combination of color, composition, distressing and accents.

Kris is one of our speedsters. She needs to get as many layouts done as she can.

I did do something while I was there. I want to turn these into a holiday banner. Now I just need to be home long enough to unpack everything and actually finish it!

Last, but definitely not least, our holiday basket is up and on display at the store. Get your tickets! All the proceeds go to our Holiday Family Adoption.
See you next week!

No comments: