Thursday, June 14, 2018

Call me Goldilocks!

What a beautiful week we've had! If summer was like this all the time I'd be a very happy girl. Not too hot, not too cold - Just right! Call me Goldilocks! I've got some new things from last week along with some new stuff from this week and another little travelogue too so let's get to it!

First up from IO, what faces! Ostrich and llamas if I'm not mistaken. Janelle, these are for you! We've arranged them on animal print paper, perfect for zoo layouts and cards.


Many of the stamps companies we carry are going with a 'Sea' theme this summer. Everything from mermaids to sharks to all kinds of fish in every shape and color you can make are featured. IO is big on the mermaid craze.



Neat and Tangled came in this week and we are again, animal focused with a little floral fun added. Doesn't this dog die remind you of Rolf on the Muppets?

How cute is this flying giraffe and elephant! I know so many little boys who are really into pirate birthdays this year.

And we haven't forgotten the florals. Sweet blooms that remind me of the Hawaiian flower, plumeria.

Holiday coming up! Get your stars for the Fourth of July!

My little travelogue continues: One of our stops was Naples. We chose not to stay in Naples for the day but to take the Hydrofoil to Capri about 90 minutes away. When I saw this paper from Alexandra Renke I knew it would be the base for my scrapbook pages about Capri. Capri is known for it's lemon liquer, Lemoncello. 

We met our guide at the ship and she took us via boat to Capri and then by bus to the top of the island and Anacapri.

Once in Anacapri we noticed this vibrant bright flowering bush. The flower looks just like a bottle brush!


I wanted to show the plentiful lemons from Capri and along the Amalfi coast. They are huge! You can see a cantaloupe next to the lemon on the bottom right. Our guide told us that these larger lemons are sweeter than the smaller lemons we are used to and they are used to make lemoncello. My daughter made sure to bring a bottle home with her!

Alexa also enjoyed a delightful spritz cocktail with lemoncello in it at lunch. Taking pictures of food and drinks was a requirement on this trip!

I took pictures of the market stalls. Everything so fresh!


The other Capri product my daughter made sure to get was handmade sandals. We went to a shop where a gentleman sat in the window and handmade, to order, sandals. Alexa picked out the style she wanted, the leather color and width and in about 10-15 minutes she had a pair of sandals, custom fit! She was a happy girl!



That's it for this week. If I get more product photos I'll post again over the weekend. Until then or next week, Happy Crafting!

No comments: