Saturday, June 9, 2018

Weekend Goodness

I thought I might find more fun things when I worked Thursday so I thought I'd do another post this weekend.  Here's what I found.

This may be old for you but it's new for me. I'm calling it 'MFT's Party Hearty' collection. So cute and I love the little toucans!

It may be hard to see but the martini glass is suspended on a string and if you wind up the glass before you close the card, when the recipient opens the card the glass will spin around!

Both the martini and margherita glass have shaker inserts that you can load with MFT's little ice cubes, sequins glitter etc. How about the drink charms? Stamp your martini glass on shrink plastic, cut out, punch a little hole, heat and Cheers! So fun!

These next two samples were brought back by Sharon from her MFT Retreat in Florida. The background on this first one was done with Distress (oxides, I think) Inks and the new Distress Glaze. Looks like you are looking into an aquarium!

As 'crabby' is my middle name, I love, love, love this box card designed by Stephanie from MFT (the Stephanie who teaches a class once a month here at BSS) and made by Sharon. I'll have to get this set!

I bugged Sharon for some more photos because we got several boxes in Thursday and Friday. I didn't want to wait for next week for all of them so here is a little sneak peek for your weekend!

First up is Impression Obsession (IO). They have great vacation dies and word dies.

We have a card on display directly behind the counter that features the lighthouse die. Very creative!

I believe I posted some of these earlier. They are from Birch Press which is a division of Memory Box. The layered dies come three to a pack and when you use them together they create this gorgeous, what looks to me like, stained glass effect. It also has the added plus of dimension as you layer one color over the next. I may have mentioned Jennifer McGuire recently posted a video here on the variety of combinations you can make with these dies. The price point is $45 - which may seem like a lot BUT - you get three large dies in each set. Check out our samples below and click over to Jennifer's site for more great ideas.




Lastly, a little Neat and Tangled combined with the small shadowed 'Hugs' die.
I'll be back on Thursday with more goodies from IO and a taste of Italy from Alexandra Renke! Have a great weekend!

No comments: