Thursday, June 21, 2018

What's New?

It beginning to look like a slow week at the store for new product. I've got a call into Sharon to see if we've got any new stuff and with my luck I'll get this post finished and on line and then the new stuff will come in!

In a carry over from last week I've got a couple of my favorites. Mama Elephant's new release has a set I should get. The set in the lower right is called Bookworm. I'm married to a bookworm and it's so hard to find stamp sets that encompass his hobbies because outside of Yankee baseball; books are it! (I apologize for the blurry photo. I need to take my time or put less in the photo!)

Right before I was set to hint 'Publish' Sharon came through with some new product photos. 

First up is graduation! We've got a nice selection of graduation papers, stamps and dies for all those 2018 grads out there.

We're also into themed displays. I mentioned last week that many of our favorite companies are going with an 'under the sea' theme this summer. We've got dies from IO, stamps and stamp sets from almost every company we carry along with some great inspiration pieces for you.



Next up is Concord and 9th. For those of you who follow Jennifer McGuire she used all of these sets in recents videos. Jennifer used the first two stamp and dies set to demonstrate how to create 'off the edge' die cut cards. To see Jennifer's post click on the word video.



This final stamp is one of Concord and 9th popular Turnabout stamps. Just in time for the Fourth!

I'm in love with the new set of stamps from My Favorite Things, Gill Friends. These next photos show a creative aquarium done by Kathrin Donahauser-Ruth from Germany and posted on the My Favorite Things Insiders Facebook Page. She used Gill Friends, Mermaizing and an older cat stamp set to create this 3-D aquarium. In the second photo you can see how she incorporated layers like we use in box cards to create the 3-D effect.

I cannot lie, I get a ton of ideas which leads me to buying a ton of product based on projects and cards I find on Facebook and Pinterest postings! This little gem is adorable and I hope I've documented it correctly to ensure Kathrin gets the proper credit for this project.


The Fourth of July is coming up and we've got a section devoted to the Stars and Stripes. Sunny Studios, Lawn Fawn, Sizzix, Taylored Expressions and MFT (and more) all have stamps, dies and embellishment that are July 4th and patriotic themed.


Lastly, are you a bag lady? No, that's not a rude question. We have lots of bag ladies here at Buffalo Stamps because they have one of these: 

Our canvas tote bag with a zip closure, gusseted bottom, outside pocket and side pockets make this a great way to carry around your basic kit for classes. Keep the bag in your car for BSS shopping trips! There's even a little pocket to keep your frequent shopper card so you don't forget it! The bag costs $12.99 and does not count towards your frequent shopper card, BUT - it will entitle you to special discounts and you are helping the environment by not using those awful plastic bags. Plus it's really cool to be a BSS Bag Lady!

I'm on the road again this weekend, heading down to the Philadelphia area to visit our daughter at her summer internship. She's a hardworking girl and we're going to try and give her some down time. We're also going to hit the ball park and hope the Yankees are hitting as they are in Philly on Monday night for a game. What a coincidence! Think they planned the schedule knowing we were going to be in town?! I'll continue my European travelogue next week and I'll say Happy Crafting until then!

No comments: