Thursday, December 13, 2018

What's Your Favorite...?

Don't you love having the Christmas tree all lit and glowing? Here's ours from a few years ago. Today it looks quite different as I've stripped off the the white lights and added colored ones instead.

I love it. However...and you know it had to be coming from me, each year I drag my feet when it comes to decorating the tree. I should be doing it right now, but I'm stalling to write this!

Anyway, What's Your Favorite...? comes from what I like to do when I decorate the tree. I put on my favorite Christmas movies. My favorite is an old, old, OLD, movie from 1947, "The Bishop's Wife" staring Cary Grant, Loretta Young and David Niven. Now, I'm not that old, but I loved watching old movies when I was a kid and I stumbled upon this movie several times not knowing what it was. Today, it's my favorite. I do have a modern favorite also, "Love Actually". This is my happy movie. What do you like to do decorating the tree and do you have a favorite Christmas movie(s)? Let me know the next time you come in the store.

On to the store - We have a few inspiration cards we've done. These first cards were done with a great background stamp from Taylored Expressions. Buffalo print is very popular here and we've been trying to get it in the store in whatever form we can, paper stamps, dies. Unfortunately, we've haven't had a lot of luck, this stamp is about it and perfect on red paper.

Neat and Tangled has this cute background die that can be used to make a really simple and fast card.

Creative Expressions makes these intricate, classic and beautifully styled dies. Cut out in a shimmer, glossy or even a glitter paper on a a simple white background gives you a gorgeous card that's easy to make but packs a lot of punch.


The new Lawn Fawn and MFT release just came in late Wednesday, take a peek! Looks like we're getting ready to move on to our next holiday (these companies, not me!)

 Gotta love a koala!

I saw several cute cards made with this toaster die set on Lawn Fawn's You Tube site yesterday. Do a little Google-ing and check it out!

Great background die in both a landscape and portrait version - little hearts. According to Lawn Fawn they are designed so that their rectangle dies align with the heart cut-outs. 

On to MFT - what a great couple of stamps for coloring. I can see watercolor pans coming out for these two!

New owl stamps.

Lovely scripty sentiments.

I'm intrigued with the 'BEAUTIFUL' die and I'm liking the little woodland creatures. 

We also have the non-shedding glitter paper in metallics back in stock.

Lastly, we have a sale on select planners and products, 50%!- a great Christmas gift!

Well that's it for this week. You literally have gotten the latest and greatest.  My trees are up, my house is decorated and my daughter comes home on Sunday. Let the holiday begin! See you next week, have a crafty and good one.

No comments: