Thursday, May 2, 2019

April Showers Bring May Flowers...

Well, here's hoping! We still have a bit of rain but I'm starting to see the bulbs starting to come up and blossoms on Japanese Maples. The bunnies in our backyard have been out and hoping around. It must be a good sign.

Sharon was away over last weekend to Texas with her girls. I'm sure she'll update you all but I know a trip to Magnolia Farms was included. Here are a few pics if you missed them on Facebook.

The Silo!

I want to go shopping! Do they sell shiplap?

Kate, Jess and Sharon

I have to admit I miss 'Fixer Upper'. None of the new HGTV shows has captured my interest. Don't you wish they'd do a craft show again like they used to?

I do have a few last minute photos.  I always encourage you to come on in and check out what we have for yourself. We have so much stuff it's hard to showcase it all here or on all our other platforms and sometimes you need to see it yourself to get that spark of inspiration you're looking for.

First up, new fine point scissors from Tonic and Tim Holtz.  I'm a scissor junkie! I love having scissors of all kinds and a pair of these are coming home with me if any are left! These are great for fussy cutting.

Gnomes, fairies, all these little garden gremlins are so popular right now. I believe I saw an email post that we had new Lavinia fairies to go along with these Whipper Snapper Gnomes. Get them while you can. They are usually gone in a flash!

Great selection of animal whimsy stamps. I especially love the dog with the bandages. (I miss our sweet girl.)

More cute whimsy for a variety of occasions.

Snail mail...how cute would that be on an envelope?

Chickens anyone?

First up are these new Shimmer Stix. I haven't seen them myself but they look like a great way to add shimmer to your images. I see Gold, Silver, Frost, Rose Gold and Sparkle!

We've carried LaLa Land dies for a while now but it looks like they are coming out with stamps too!

Spring Pion!

Gina K. - I'm liking those stencils and I love a good scripty word!

Pretty Pink Posh! I love their clean designs. They aren't just sequins anymore!

AI (Art Impressions) leads the pack with images suitable for watercoloring. We have a great class currently running with Janelle that utilizes AI images and will give you a heads-up if you want to get some experience with watercolor.

Mother's Day, Father's Day and all those other spring rite of passage holidays and occasions are coming up. We are setting up a display at the front of the store featuring stamps for these special days.

We were away last weekend ourselves and had a chance to see our daughter for a day. When she was little, one of my husband's nicknames for her was 'The Sauce Girl'. He used the word 'sauce' to describe her - sleepy sauce, angry sauce, happy sauce. You get the idea. At our hotel they had pictures and placards in the elevators. We snapped this one, perfect for Lex.
See you next week and until then, Happy Crafting!

No comments: