Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Tapped Out!

I have to admit it, I'm tapped out! It took eight of us - Sharon, Mark, Jessica, Beth, Kim, Janelle, Linda and myself (with an assist from Adalyn and Brianna) over six hours to put up our booth display for the Hamburg show last weekend. On Sunday, it took five of us (with a late assist from Kaitlyn and Dave) 45 minutes to break it all down and box it up!

I hope you had a chance to visit us at the show and if not, we brought everything left over back to the store . It will take us over a week to get all that product back on the shelves.  I haven't been to the store since Saturday so I don't know what new  product may have come in this week. I do know we received the Taylored Expressions new rainbow colored brushes just in time for the show and we did not sell out! Come on in and see if we have any left. They are so pretty!

Our next big event is the Garage Sale on Sunday, September 15. A few posts back I posted Garage Sale 101. Please scroll back to get the full 411. I do not know if there are any seller slots left. Please check with the store if you are interested in having a table. I know I have a lot of work to do to get my stuff ready, lots of hard decisions on purging my stash.

So since I don't have anything else right now, I'll leave you with my celebrity sighting! I never run across famous people. So I was surprised on Sunday, when I was waiting for my husband's milkshake order at Taffy's, to see this guy walk up and order a milkshake.
I know it's a lousy picture but I was trying to be unobtrusive and not gawk, but it's Jim Kelly! You all know I'm not a Bills fan but I am a fan of this man. The grace and strength he has shown in both his career and his personal life are truly inspiring. So as much as I would have liked to go up to him and say something, I couldn't. First, I believe he has a right to walk up to a window and order the same as I do without being interrupted or bothered by people. Second, I was tongue tied and didn't know what I would say!(yeah, I know, hard to believe!)

So I'll see you next week with new photos of our store displays and new products. Until then have a crafty good week!

No comments: