Thursday, September 19, 2019

Fall - Into Buffalo Stamps and Stuff!

It's my favorite time of year and I don't even like pumpkin spice lattes! Fall is officially right around the corner and I am so enjoying the cooler nights (yes!) and days (ahh...). I hope you had a chance to come to our garage sale last weekend. We were able to use the old Tuesday Morning store at the other end of our plaza. We had about 40 vendors selling EVERYTHING! We also 'encouraged' folks to buy one of our Make n'Take card kits to support Hurricane Dorian relief in the Bahamas.

The Garage Sale was a little bittersweet. Since our dear friend and colleague, Debbie Morrisey passed away two years ago Sharon has been storing all her stamping and scrapbook supplies in her garage. I've gone on and on about Sharon's kitchen renovation saga and her garage can not store another single thing. The tight fit combined with - it's time, she decided to sell all of Deb's things. (Debbie's family was in full support of this as they didn't know what to do with all of Deb's stamping things.) A member of our 'store family', and a friend of Debbie's, Judy T, spent the entire week before the sale, every day, sorting, pricing and getting the 12-plus bins and containers of Debbie's supplies priced and packaged. I was in the store last Thursday and again on Saturday while Judy tackled the mountains of stamps and it was hard to look at all those stamps and not see all the wonderful cards and classes Debbie taught. I'd look over and see a group of  stamps and remember how much Debbie loved them and what a beautiful job she did coloring every image.

We still miss Debbie everyday but it was time see all these supplies go to good homes. Debbie would have wanted that. I understand her family was overwhelmed when Sharon told them how well Debbie did at the sale. In this instance the money from Debbie's sale is going back to the family. Several of us thought that using the profits to establish college funds for her grandchildren would be good idea. Debbie would have loved that. I went searching in my photo archives and found this older photo of a group of us from an event we held several years ago.

Well, on to this week. Again, I asked for and got, photos! It's a very gnomie Christmas with these stamps from Polkadoodles. I love the coloring on these packages!


Dare to be Artzy has some new stuff.

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Ladies, get your mammograms!



One of Debbie's favorites, Stampingbella.







Stamperie paper packs.


Some new 'back to school' paper in great primary colors.

And MORE gnomes, this time from Sugar Pea.

Lastly, I have the feeling I'll be putting up decorations in the store in the coming weeks and I'm pretty good with most phobias but one thing  don't handle well are spiders. We have a HUGE furry spider that we use when decorating the store. I don't even like handling a fake spider so watch out if I find one at home...

 Have a great week and I'll see you next time.

No comments: