Thursday, November 21, 2019

I'm Back!

After a week away and a fun, long weekend with my Scrappin Sistas, I'm back! My computer though seems to still be asleep...This is one of those times I wish I was more of a computer nerd. Let's hope my slow, very slow, computer decides to join me as I write this week's post.

I had a great weekend away and I worked on cards the entire time! I made my card kits for the two classes I'm doing for the store and I started on my Christmas cards. This year I'm making plural cards. I usually pick one design and make all my cards the same. This year I couldn't decide what card I liked the best so I'm making about five different designs and at least five of each. My girlfiends saw me cutting out and putting together Sugar Pea's little red wagon with a Christmas tree in the back and several started to complain they didn't get a card. I thought I'd shut them down by saying I didn't have their mailing addresses. Send me an address and I'll send you a card. It backfired. Now I've got more new addresses to send cards to!

Let's see what's new this week. First up is a clarification on a tool I featured two weeks back. I didn't know how it was used and my guess was totally wrong. Apparently, Jennifer McGuire and others have been using it on their blogs and You Tube videos and I hadn't seen it yet. It's called the Creative Detailer and I thought it would let you add detailed lines or marks to your images, WRONG! the Creative Detailer lets you ERASE errors you may have. It's a battery powered tool that fits an eraser nub that swirls to erase pencil lines, ink smudges, or other marks that can be gently lifted off your paper. I believe Mona will be demoing the Creative Detailer this weekend on Demo Sunday.

I have a few new photos of product from last week. We have some new IO stamps featuring some very cute snowmen.


We have re-stocked our Distress ink pads and minis, Stickles, Sprays, Nuvo Drops of all types - everything you can use for your holiday cards.





New Gnome die from Joy!

If you are looking for a stamping platform and the Misti is more than you want to spend, consider the Stamping Buddy Pro. It works the same as the Misti but it will let you put a larger sheet of paper in and it's much more affordable. Great for a Wish List gift.


Adorable holiday mouse images in dies from Creative Expressions. They also have fairies!


Speaking of holiday cards, we have some great classes for you for the holidays, take a look.
This is Kim's Joy class. I love these images. Coloring but not too involved.

Janelle's Bible Journaling page

Gnomes do the holidays in this class!

Whipper Snapper Whimsical Cards. Great for coloring!

For you Mixed Media artists. This is a great class coming up!

If you like cute and you like to color, this class is for you! Mama Elephant holiday images. It's a clear sky top for the penguins and the snow angels wobble!

I want to share a thank you letter we received from Global Empowerment Mission for our donation to Bahama Hurricane Relief. All the money from the Make n' Takes you purchased during September and during our Garage Sale went to the effort to help the people of the Bahamas to get back on their feet. We were happy to have made a donation to such a worthy cause. On behalf of Sharon, Mark and all of us at BSS, thank you to all that contributed monetary donations along with our Make n'Take profits. 

In closing for the week, I visited a really cute gift and antique shop in Niagara County a few weeks ago and bought this little tray. It explains why chocolate is my drug of choice. It understands me!
Have a great crafty weekend and I'll see you soon!

No comments: