Thursday, April 15, 2021

Confession and New Stuff

 I'm so happy Sue is back with her Monday card inspiration posts. This leads me to a confession. I could NEVER come up with a new card every week. I rarely can conceive a totally new and unique card period. I'm just not that creative, let alone come up with an original card every week. My hat is off to Sharon, Mona, Alison, Kim and Sue not to mention everyone else who are truly creative enough to create original cards, bravo!

That said, I'm terrific at tweaking a card and creating one based on someone else's design. It's one of the reasons that Pinterest and YouTube are wonderful things. I go there often to find card designs that work with the stamps and dies I have to create a card for a specific need. Let me also mention speed. I struggle for days and sometimes weeks to create a card and scrapbook layouts. I have a germ of an idea and I turn it over and under and around for days until I feel ready to cut paper or stamp an image. I will never be labeled a fast carmaker or scrapbooker. I need to ruminate.

So now I have something for you to ruminate on, this week's Wednesday Facebook Live by Sharon. You will find it HERE. About those little brushes, if they don't work for you you could always use them to put on eye shadow!

I have photos of lots of the product Sharon shared on Wednesday. First up is an impressive collection of Penny Black.




I apologize for these next three photos. They imported sideways and I cannot turn them. The sentiment stamp are great for both the outside and inside of your cards. 



Next up is the new release from My Favorite Things. I do like those birds and the spring wreath (not shown).



I love these 6X6 pads from MFT. They are great for cards because the size is proportional. The pattern doesn't overwhelm your card.

New paper pack from Simple Stories (I think!).

I've a funny for you today and Cooper update.

Here's Cooper or as we like to call him, Blue Boy. Cooper likes to steal and chew my husband's pens (he has a lot of pens...) he also got a hold of one of my mechanical pencils (bad dog, bad dog...). This time he chewed right through to the ink before we caught him and he now has blue paws and we have a blue on blue rug. As Sharon said, 'Bad Norman..."
(There is more blue than you can see here, trust me!)

Happy Crafting and Stay Safe everyone. I'm traveling down to NYC over the weekend to help bring back some of my daughter's clothes as she's going back to her NYC apartment and job. We've both been vaccinated (although she got the J&J and I'm a little concerned) and we are going to try and have dinner with my brother and his wife. I will practice social distancing and wear my mask as I encourage you all to do.  I'll see you next week.








No comments: