Thursday, July 31, 2014

My Throwback Thursday...

I've told you before that I haven't got any throwback pictures of Sharon stamping as a child but I do have this, for me, which is a throwback to about nine, ten years ago...

 
This is BBSS - Before Buffalo Stamps and Stuff. You scrapbookers remember Creating Keepsakes and their universities? Well I went to two in total and this is a piece I did for Alumni CKU? I joined a 'sorority' and our theme was Scrapbook Mafia, which probably cost us points in the competition because the judges didn't understand our point of reference. Big and Rich, country music biggies at the time, said they belonged to the 'Cowboy Mafia' so we decided we'd be the Scrapbook Mafia. One of the girls in the group had an old guitar case and she sent it to me and I 'decorated' it. We had cowboy hats and hay bales on our table with the guitar case on top, jeans, cowboy boots, mini straw hats as name tags. It was awesome! But nobody got it! After the judging many told us we were robbed (the worst cowboy analogy), but I still have the case propped up in our family room and I still have my decorated hat. I also still Facebook with two of my sorority sisters!

On to what's new!
Mama Elephant! Stamps and dies. These have been flying off the hooks!

New Dies, first up IO - Impression Obsession



Next, Memory Box



Oops! Forgot the name! And I have two photos!


Cheery Lynn! see our email and my note below about the visit of this company's creator!



And, since it's going to be that time before we know it, here's Northwoods Halloween release...




Also, as a bonus, the following Northwoods stamps are on sale, BOGO. this sale applies to ONLY THE FLOWER stamps. 

Lastly, a little inspiration from the Memory Box Blog, Outside the Box. A great card featuring a die, a stencil, paints and more! Enjoy!

P.S. - Mike Dywan of Cheery Lynn and CEO of PMA Photometals, Inc. manufacturer of most all metal dies made here in the US, will be here next Saturday conducting a workshop on dies! You will make a doily Corsage pin that you can wear home, learn all kinds of tops and tricks to get the most out of your dies and die cut machine, have Angel Wings dies demoed and more. Two sessions will be offered, 1:00 and 3:00. Sign-ups are going on now! Bring your basic kit along with fast drying glue and tweezers. We will have a drawing for Cheery Lynn dies and all proceeds from the attendees will go to our Christmas Family Fund! See our e-mails, Facebook posts, and/or call the store to sign up and get more details! 




















No comments: