Friday, October 27, 2017

Give Me Something Fun to _____________________ ! (Fill in the Blank)

I was thinking of that little ditty and thought it would be a good post title. I think we'll slip the "smell my feet" portion of the rhyme though! Halloween is almost upon us as is Stamp Camp, yippee! I'm even signing up because I like the cards that much. I know I have a slightly unfair advantage but even I haven't seen all the cards yet. I have seen a few and you know we like to surprise you all with what you will be making so we've only released a small preview. Embrace it, be surprised and most of all enjoy! I'll be seeing you sometime during the four sessions and hopefully I will be able to stop talking long enough to finish my cards!

As a reminder, the first session of Stamp Camp is this coming Sunday, October 29th from 12-4, the first Slow Stamp Camp is Monday, October 30th from 10-3:30 and the second session is the following weekend, Sunday, November 5th from 12-4 and Slow Stamp Camp, Monday, November 6th from 10-3:30.  If you'd like to bring a goodie, desert, snack, or whatever to share feel free.  This is our first Stamp Camp without Debbie and she is already very much missed. Debbie usually designed about a third to one half of the cards and she liked to bake something to bring and share with you all. The House Mouse card below is in remembrance of Debbie and to let her know we will be thinking of her during this event that she loved so much.

The cost for Stamp Camp is $50. This price includes a $15 credit that can be used that day toward your purchase of products that we feature in Stamp Camp. Seats are available in all four sessions.
Here is a little sneak peek of just  few of the cards we will be making. I see coloring, I see stamping, and I see foiling!

Let's see what else is new. We have these cards up along the front counter and I just love them! Look at the beautiful wreath you can make with this die from Right at Home. The variety and opportunities for year-round cards, not just Thanksgiving or Christmas, are endless!


Last year the Christmas tree on top of the car was a big theme for a number of stamp companies. This year we have this cute mid-century modern look with presents on top of the car.

Cardinals, symbols of welcome are always popular. (This set may have already sold out!)

Brutus Monroe (what's up with that name!?!) has several intricate dies that make great background images. The die shown is NOT the sample you see but look at that die, can you imagine the lacy, doily, deliciousness it creates?!

Broken record time here, but I couldn't resist. We have a new shipment of Thermo Web's  Deco Foil in in lots of colors. Also the Gina K Foil Mates (which we will be using in Stamp Camp)

These Fancy Foils are a patterned foil from Gina K. I bought some to try.

I know, I know, I've posted this card, the card back, the stamp and die, yada, yada, yada - before. But it is so stinkin' cute I couldn't resist when we had a restock on the stamp! Forgive me :-)
Lastly, I have a little story of family devotion. The store phone rang yesterday and it was Wendy, one of our regulars calling to find out if we had the Distress Oxides. She was calling from JoAnne's of all places, and was with two Frenchmen who were looking for the Oxides! I checked that we had at least one of the colors they were looking for and Wendy gave them directions to the store.

About 15 minutes later these two young French gentlemen came into the store. They were the only men in the store so I figured I was pretty safe to walk up to them and say "Wendy sent you!" The only problem is that their English was not great and my French is non-existent! We managed to get a few things across and they had pictures (thank goodness for smart phones!). They were able to tell me that they were shopping for one of the guy's mother! Then they called her and FaceTimed, walking around the store and showing her things! They were able to find a few things she wanted even though I'm pretty sure they were clueless as to what they were looking for. They spent a good 45 minutes walking around, showing her stuff and trying to communicate with me as to what they wanted, but can you imagine! We have husbands who break out in a rash when they come in to buy a gift certificate. These guys are in a foreign country, in a store where no-one speaks their language trying to buy stuff they have no clue about! That's a son's devotion!  It made my week!

On that note, have a great crafty week and I'll see you again soon!

2 comments:

sharon said...

Give me something fun to STAMP or DIE, of course!!!!

Loved your story about the Frenchmen. Warmed my heart that they would do that for his Mom.
My husband doesn't shy away from getting me a gift certificate for the store, but he always tells our dog not to go into the stamp room because she will only get in trouble because it is private property!!!!

Hugs
Sue

Cheri Reed said...

Oh, those French men. Love the story! Give me something FUN to EAT...like the sea salt caramel popcorn! Haha.