Wednesday, November 1, 2017

On the Road Again...

I'm attempting to write this post and get it on-line early. If I don't make it please excuse me because I'm on the road this week and next when I should be posting! This week is happy travel. I'm going to my twice a year scrapbooking retreat with my peeps from the central NY area. We meet down in the southern tier at the Watson Homestead and scrap, talk, laugh and generally have an awesomely great time. We are an offshoot of the crops Scrapbook Creations from Rochester, a store that closed a number of years ago used to do. The owner, Terry, sponsored a scrapping weekend retreat twice a year that I went to for a number of years before I moved to Buffalo. The event is still going strong under new ownership and they recently met in the East Aurora area. The ladies I scrap with are the 'bad girls' of the original group. I say that with a wink and smile because we're not really bad, just a little naughty... Anyway, I'll be with my girls from Thursday through Sunday and for a change I won't be scrapping, I'll be card making and coloring! See the influence you all have had on me! If I get a chance I'll bring back some photos of the beautiful work my friends do. I've also just watched a whole slew of watercoloring videos and I'll be doing some practicing while I'm away.

On to this week. So, since I'm leaving on Thursday I'll just have to make another trip to the store to take some new pics of what's new and exciting. Also, as a reminder, there is another weekend of Stamp Camp this Sunday and Monday. I had a blast on Monday doing Stamp Camp with some of my favorite friends from the store. Dawn, Sharon and Charlene - you are the bomb! Yes, we were noisy, maybe a bit loud and definitely slow...The 'rookies' at the table next to us were faster than us seasoned veterans! I hope everyone had as good a time as we did and I'll definitely have to do this again!

OK, new this week. More new Holiday papers. Our organizer extraordinaire, Dimitra, is back from Greece and she has been whipping the store into shape organizing and moving holiday stamps up to the front where you'll find these.

How cute are these?! Memory Box has come out with these large deep edge dies that make really cute cards, decorations even ornaments if you do them in felt!

The top two in this photo are card samples MB sent with our order, just to give you an idea of what the finished product could look like.

Next up is several new stamp sets and coordinating dies from Pink Fresh.  Jennifer McGuire used these in a video earlier this week and combined her stamped and die cut images with stitching. Check out the link here. The dies to these stamps are a bit different from what you may be used to. Instead of cutting out the individual stamped images, the dies cut a window as if the images were stamped around it. Check out Jennifer's video and check the back of the packaging for placement or the website for PinkFresh.




Our Holiday Raffle basket is here again. There are some really cool things in here and we will be selling tickets up through December. It's $2 per ticket, three tickets for $5 and all the money goes to the family we will be adopting this holiday season. I need to put a bow on that basket!

Lastly, I had a birthday this week, ugh! Don't care for them at all, but I love this. I got a sweet Happy Birthday and thank you from another budding artist Janelle's son, Judah. Talent runs in that family!
See you all soon!

No comments: