Thursday, July 19, 2018

Another Wild and Wacky Week!

First up, THANK YOU! to everyone who came and visited the store last week during our Wild and Wacky Sale Week.  We sincerely hope you came away with some great bargains and inspiration and enjoyed your time with us.  One of the reasons we do the sale is that there are several product shows in August and September and we need to clear room for new product. To that end Sharon just came back from Salt Lake City and the CHA summer show. Expect to start to see new items arriving in August.

I'll throw in my usual housekeeping notices. The Garage Sale is next Sunday, July 29 from 10-1. Every year we have a great crowd, great bargains and good time. I hope to see you there.  Next up is Summer Stamp Camp. Every day I go to work there is a pile of die-cutting for me to do so I  know Sharon has a great selection of cards for you to work on. Stamp Camp is a little different this year. We are doing a Saturday, August 4; Monday, August 6; and Tuesday, August 7. We will start at 10:00 am each day and go to 3:30 pm. As always we will have anywhere from 12-15 cards for you to do. Call the store to reserve a spot now. Lastly on our event schedule is the Stamp, Scrap, Art Show at the Hamburg Fairgrounds Saturday and Sunday, August 25th and 26th. Tickets can be purchased at the door.

Our big new arrival is the latest release of Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks. We have the pads and the re-inkers in-stock. Only 12 more to go and according to Tim's video they will be released in October. Many of you have asked if they will be coming out in the mini 1 inch pads. Tim's reply to that question is that the formula for oxide inks is not compatible with small, 1 inch pads and that Ranger will not be making the inks available in that size. Personally, I'm taking that with a grain of salt...Let's see what next year brings - science is a wonderful thing.


We finally got in an order from Studio Katia. We have a small but nice selection of stamps, corresponding dies and bling.


I have a serious addiction to stencils! This shipment from Altenew is not helping me beat it! Check out their web site and video for some beautiful cards made with these stencils.

Lastly, outside of taking my daughter back to school for her senior year (yay!) I am done traveling for a good while. I took my last flying trip last weekend to New York City to join my best friend, Barbara, who I have known since jr. high school, for a girl's weekend in the city and to see 'Hamilton'. We both are in serious love with this musical and were so excited to see it, finally! So here are a few photos of NYC, Hamilton and us. 





See you next week!

1 comment:

sharon said...

Love that you meet up with your bestie for a girl's weekend. Great photo's!!

Sue Drees