Wednesday, April 8, 2020

A few thoughts for the week. This is going to be a long one...

I've told you I have limited access to my desktop computer during the week as my daughter uses it to communicate and work from home. So on the weekend or late at night I pay my bills, do some on-line shopping, read all the blogs and websites I miss during the week and try to relax. During the COVID-19 crisis I've found I want to do some writing, like a journal. I have personal blog, similar to the store one, but I stopped writing and publishing a year ago. This past weekend I decided to open it back up, just to give me a more personal outlet. I started writing Sunday afternoon and what is below is part of what came out. I thought I'd share. I also have some new product photos, but to begin, I'm going to share few thoughts.

I'm not really a people person. Now, don't get me wrong, I love my job and all of you, but I'm happy in my aloneness. As I say that, I realize I do miss interacting with people in stores, I miss MY STORE, Buffalo Stamps and Stuff. I miss talking to Sharon, Mona, Judy, Kim, Alison and Linda. I miss our customers! I miss Stephanie from Canada, our monthly MFT class and all our Canadian customers. I miss my 'sisters from other misters', Charlene and Sharon. I miss Dawn and Val and especially all those ladies who come in who I know your names, but I can't remember them! I miss Paulette's phone calls. I miss Candy's hair color of the week. Will it be purple, pink or bright blue!  I miss Alison and her sister, who comes all the way from lower NY,  hey Suzanne!

I miss seeing a certain number showing up on the store phone and knowing it's my sweet, sweet Janelle on the other end. I miss looking for an item a customer wants and finally finding it! I miss knowing what new stuff is coming in and being among the first to see it. I miss walking into the store on a Thursday morning, turning on the lights and slowly walking down the center aisle and looking at what new display Sharon has set up since I was last in the store. I miss talking to myself before I unlock the door as I walk around to see what we've moved where, what's new and finding things I never saw before. I miss the satisfaction of helping others find just the right paper, just the right stamp or right embellishment to finish a card or project that is special to them. I miss the swell of creativity that I feel as I take a class or look at samples of new product. I wish that swell lasted until I get home but it usually goes in one ear and out the other! Bottom line: I miss you guys!

Now that I've said my peace, here's what's new for this week. First up, Sharon will be in the store this week. She is looking to do a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday kinda schedule. This is unofficial - Call the store first before you head out if you are picking up an order! If you are looking for something specific, please look at our on-line store. If it's not there, give us a call at the store. Sharon checks messages and takes orders over the phone. You can save some green if you are local by doing curbside pick-up or ask Sharon to mail to you. I figure that by time I get to actually see the store again Sharon will have had so much fun changing things around I won't know where anything is!

Anyway, here's what I have for your this week. I was sent lots of photos today so let's see what's new. First up is a new company, I think, Happy Birds, great detail on these dies.

Gina Marie has several new dies in this post. This one goes really well with the new Graphic 45 barnyard paper.

This has been one of our most popular dies for the Easter holiday. It is utilized beautifully in this card sample.

More Easter sentiments

And more dies from Gina Marie. These dies have a really nice price point and apparently gnomes are in any time of the year!

 Picket Fence has some great sentiment stamps. How are these for a little something different. I see cards for teens and, pardon the pun, cards for support...



This butterfly is gorgeous!

Some of these sentiments are great if you are making cards for all those who are on the front line of this crisis and those still doing the unglamorous jobs like mail deliver, grocery clerk, mail man, pharmacy person, food delivery person, Send a card in support of your favorite take out joint. I have an inspiration card I'll post at the bottom for that idea.

Pretty floral stamps and scene building dies.

This is the new Waffle Flower release.

Reverse Confetti with a large Easter die and more.




Dare 2B ArtZy is back with some great dies and there are those gnomes again!



Our fur and feathered babies are so comforting during this time. Isn't this guy a cutie!

Here is a little inspiration from the latest Lawn Fawn release. I love these little mice!



Here is the card I thought could be a little inspiration for those who are manning the restaurants and take out places that are so hard hit. A little substituting here and there and you have a great card!

Judy has been doing an email scavenger hunt with her friends and I'm a sucker for those kinds of things. Today we had to look for something that was around our house that was tasty. You know I'm a Long Island girl and we LI girls LOVE our black and whites! It's hard to find a genuine B&W outside of the metro area, but Bagel Jay's gets them in and I figured desperate times called for desperate measures. So I went to Bagel Jays's, bought a dozen bagels, a tub of cream cheese and a B&W. I can feel my stress level is decreasing and my waist line increasing!
That's it for today. I'll be back with less words (yeah, right!) and more photos as soon as I get them and I have a new member of the BSS family to introduce next time, Until then, stay crafty, STAY SAFE and I'll see you soon!



1 comment:

Suz said...

Dear Donna,
Thank you so much for mentioning Alison and me in your weekly email. I am so lonesome for the store and all of my friends there. I agree with you about the rush of anticipation I get as I open the door. I feel I am home among all the colors and papers and I listen to the stamps and sample cards that are telling their stories.
I have ordered twice on-line. Sharon wraps my goodies in pretty tissue paper and stuffs a little thank you tag in among my stuff. I wait for your blog each week and watch for FB or Instagram posts. I am staying as close as I can to you sweet ladies.
Hoping all of you are healthy and I hope to see you.