Friday, April 10, 2020

It's the Weekend! It's Easter!

Remember when you were so psyched for the weekend? These days, not so much. I am as my daughter has Friday, Saturday and Sunday off so I can sleep a little later and not have to beat it out of my room so that she isn't embarrassed during her morning conference call!

I have some great new papers for you this weekend and a Easter suggestion for those of you who do Easter Egg hunts but are hesitant because of mushy backyards, like mine.

First up, Buffalo themed paper! We are selling these great Buffalo themed papers, both our sports team papers and I love Buffalo papers in 6X6 packs! They retail for $4.99 a pack and they are available in the on-line store.




We have always lived in an area where you were more likely to be wearing snow boots and earflaps than spring Easter bonnets. So when my daughter was younger I created an in-house Easter Basket hunt. First, I tried not give her candy at Easter so there was usually just a little candy and an Easter present instead. Also, instead of just hunting for eggs. I would send Alexa on a scavenger hunt with clues to where the next egg was hidden all the way to her present. I'd try to make little rhyming riddles for her with clues all over the house. We just set the parameters that eggs would only be in certain rooms only so she wouldn't go crazy tearing up the whole house! That's my Easter tip for you! I hope everyone can enjoy an Easter-in-place this Sunday with your family. 

Lastly, I told you in my last post that we have a new member of the BSS family. Let me introduce Miss Cassandra, born April 6, weighing 3lbs. 15 ounces. She came a little early, but is doing just fine. 

Cassandra's grandmother is Linda McGowan, who works here at the store. Her daughter, Stephanie and her husband are the proud parents! Only Dad was allowed in during her delivery, and I'm sure Linda can't wait to meet her new granddaughter (and future card maker) and hold her in person!

I don't have anything Easter-y for you only this guy, who's expression kinda sums up how we are all feeling about this time in our self-isolation.
 Meet my double, the Blue Footed Boobie...
Have a Happy Easter everyone, and a special shout out to our card making buddy, Suzanne - we WILL see you soon!💖

No comments: