Friday, June 26, 2020

Color, Color, Coloring

I'm willing to bet a number of you have been doing a lot of coloring during this Stay at Home time. This week in Sharon's Facebook video she illustrated blending with Ranger Distress inks and Ranger Distress Oxides. These inks are the OG for coloring backgrounds, using with stencils, creating shading on a card and more. We've gone from finger daubers to ink blending tools (what Sharon used for blending) to brushes for applying these inks. They are great for creating sky, sunsets, grass, dirt, sand, water and waves. If you'd like to see more examples of Distress Ink and Distress Oxide Ink blending go to Pinterest and search for Distress Ink Blending. You will see lots of combinations that will peak your interest.

Someone asked about creating color charts. We do have tags with each color on hooks by our inks showing you what each color looks like. You can create your own color chart  by going to the Ranger website and downloading their  Ranger Template Page for Distress Inks. You can download, print out and copy on to cardstock and fill in as you accumulate each of the 60! Distress/Oxide ink colors.

Here is a LINK to Sharon's Facebook Video from Wednesday.

I've been doing another kind of coloring, Copic coloring. I've stamped full and half pages of some of my favorite new and old stamp sets and have been practicing my coloring. I do cheat and check Pinterest and YouTube for coloring examples of all of these sets. I'm still not confident enough to create my own coloring combos. I create my version of color charts for each set to help me remember and refer back to for future projects. It can get a little out of control.


On to new stuff! First up is a large collection of Pink Fresh stamps and dies. Many of these dies coordinate with the large stamps you see in the photo. To get a really good take on the versatility of these stamps and dies, check out Jennifer McGuire's video HERE. I'm also going to link to a video by Laura Bassen who also uses many of these dies in her cards. Laura loves a good rainbow effect as you will see HERE.

All the individual elements of these stamps can be removed. For example, in the sets below you can remove individual strips to create a pattern.

These dies coordinate with the stamp sets below. You can use the dies to cut out individual stamp elements, create frames for the individual elements and lots more. Check out those videos!



The new Lawn Fawn release is in the store! I'm so excited. I picked up several of these new stamps and dies today. I could have gotten much, much more! I'll be using the 'Camera Add-on' to the 'Magic Iris' die in a video in a couple of weeks as part of our Wednesday Technique Facebook video.  The 'Crazy Antics' stamp, directly below, is my favorite of this release and yes, it came home with me.

Next up is new Stamping Bella. Those Oddballs are growing me, just saying...


More Gnomes!

Gnomes and Oddballs together, that's interesting...


My funny for today is especially timely. Today is my husband's and my 44th wedding anniversary.
(I do this all the time and it drives him crazy! It's gotten to the point that I close my eyes when we drive in bad weather!)

Stay Safe everyone and watch those gasps ladies!


1 comment:

Rozy said...

Happy Anniversary!