Monday, July 27, 2020

BSS IDEA - Sundflower Stained Glass

WELCOME TO THE BUFFALO STAMPS AND STUFF IDEA.

Hope everyone is finding a way to keep cool.  Just when we are restricting
going out, the weather turns into the hottest summer we have had in years.
Can't even enjoy being outside for very long in the yard...........ugh.

Hope you are all keeping well and using your spare time for creating.

This weeks card.




Stamp - Stained Glass Sunflower-Whimsy Stamps (SGD102)
I stamped the image with clear embossing ink on Vellum .
I sprinkled silver embossing powder over the ink and heat set it.
I then colored the image on the BACK side of the vellum using
Alcohol ink markers. coloring the background light blue and leaving
some white spots for clouds.
I cut out the image and framed it in black and mounted it onto a
white 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch white card.

I love how it turned out.  In person, the silver looks just like
the lead of a real stained glass window.

That's it for me this week.  Was in the store on Saturday and I have lots
of new stuff I bought to show you in the weeks ahead.

Stay safe.

Thanks for stopping by today
Have a great week.
Until later......

3 comments:

Donna M said...

Just Lovely! I love this technique. You did a great job!

JT said...

That is really lovely!

Anonymous said...

KT-Kansas City
Beautiful!