Saturday, August 1, 2020

I Know, I'm Late! - But I have lots of stuff!

I apologize for being late this week with Thursday's post and Wednesday's video. I will also be adding today's (Saturday's) video at the end of this post. First up is Wednesday's video. This was a small instructional video done by me! When I saw the Lawn Fawn Build-an-Aquarium die I was hooked! I expected to have to ask Sharon to order it or that she may have already but it hadn't come in yet. Imagine my delight to find ONE on the shelf last Wednesday. I then opened my big mouth with all the ways I could use this die and trap shut! "Why don't you do next Wednesday's video?", said Sharon with great determination and the voice that wasn't asking me but gently telling me I WOULD do the video.

Fast forward to Wednesday. I was nervous! I'm not usually. You will see how many times I said it. I also misspoke more times than I could count, but - I think it came out OK. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you. There is a way to make the box card a true box but it was too long in telling and I could not fit it into the video. So for now find Wednesday's video HERE.  I'd like to talk Kim into doing a Wednesday video when she is feeling better. She makes really great cards, Kits to Go and samples for our store. I'm sure she would do a great job on a Wednesday video.

We also have new product! Here are our photos. First up is Hero Arts. Hero has been collaborating with several other companies in our industry to make exclusive collections. This month they have released a stamp set with the Ink Blot Shop. This set is a great set for decorating your envelopes. If you are a fan of Kristina Werner, you know she loves to decorate her envelopes and her cards. This is also a great set for adding a journaling space to scrapbook pages. Multi-use, love it!


This set is a great support set collaborating with Honey Bee.

Also shown were Hero's Infinity Dies - Peek-a-Boo Door Nested dies. You can see on the circle and the oval dies there is a flat side. This side (and there is a corresponding side on the rectangle) is just a score side. It does not cut! You can place on the cover of your card and have a 'door' to either a picture, a saying, whatever, on the front of your card or make it a door INTO your card, lots of possibilities.

Also new in the store is Hearfelt Creations gearing up for winter! Lovely stamps with a pine cone and pine bough theme.

We also got in these Brushmarker Pro marker sets.  We need to seriously check these out! They may replace the Zig markers. They are, I believe a watercolor marker with a brush tip that you can either color with OR combine with a water brush and paint and color with. Sharon talks about them in today's video. Great, vibrant colors, look for more demos soon!

Lastly, this is a collaborative stamp from the Stamping Village. The Stamping Village was born at CHA - Creativations a little over two years ago. A group of companies contributed to an area on the convention floor where they could all come and talk, share ideas and product ideas. One of the results was stamp sets with a common theme that each company would contribute too. This set is called 'We Stand With You'. A great set supporting change, kindness, understanding and love for each other.

These are the photos from my video on Wednesday. Shaker.


Box card (kinda).

Slim Line

Combined with a watercolor background left over from another project.

We had a great video today from Sharon sharing other new products that have come in since Wednesday. Find Sharon's video HERE.

Just as a follow-up. If you are interested in signing up for any of the Zoom classes, CALL THE STORE! We need to take more info and pass info onto you for the classes. There is no on-line registration for ZOOM classes at this time. Give us a month or two to get going and we'll see what we can do!

I also noted that our new website is up, YAY! I need to check it out and change my bookmark so I can access the website and on-line store easier. I don't think my old bookmark will work. I'll let you know. UPDATE: Yes, it will! Note: you can access the ZOOM class info via the Calendar page. Just go to the class you want and click on it. You will be taken to a brief description and photo.

Here is my funny for the day, or week, or month...

That's it for me this weekend. I'll be back on Wednesday or Thursday (whenever I can get a computer!) with a new video and new goodies. Until then, Happy Crafting and always, STAY SAFE!

1 comment:

sharon said...

LOVED your video of the making of the aquariums! They all turned out awesome and the bright colors were fabulous. Great job Donna, even though you said you were nervous, it turned out really nice.

Hugs
Sue