Friday, August 7, 2020

A New Month, New Stuff!

I'm starting this on Wednesday night, all right Thursday very, very early AM, but I digress. I have Sharon's FB post from Wednesday HERE. This is one of my favorite techniques. You would think the glitter would be rough and the coloring would 'snag' on the glitter. I'm hear to tell you it doesn't! Sharon added a new spin on this by using a die cut as the image you place on the score paper and add the microfine glitter to and color. How great with those intricate dies they make these days. I posted a die last week that I just loved, the one with the whale rising from the waves. That would make a great card using this technique. I think I found my excuse to buy it.

We switched over our website to a new host. Most of the site remains the same.  We have noticed a few glitches and hiccups here and there and are working to smooth everything out. There are a few edits and the hardest part is learning how to add or modify information on our end! The new register system is up. We are each trying to spend time with Sharon as customers are checking out to practice and learn the system. It is a computer keyboard based system so the entering procedures are very different from a regular register. Please have patience as we all get used to a new way of doing things, very different from how we have done them in the past. It's all a learning curve. We strongly believe once we have all our products in, have all our shortcuts worked out and get used to the touch of the keyboard all will be good.

Sharon did her first ZOOM class on Tuesday evening and I think it went quite well. Honestly, the best part was seeing several faces I hadn't seen in a very long time. We will be working to develop some more ZOOM classes and as a reminder, we have added a new "Kits to Go" class kit to our on-line store. Check them out.

I held this post back thinking I'd have photos to add and I got nothing! That's not to say nothing came in, it's just we were so busy Thursday that I didn't get a chance to even look around the store let alone see and take photos of new stuff. We'll try do better on the weekend and load up with some great new product.

Here is my funny for the day, enjoy.

Have a great week, enjoy the cooler temps (I am) and above all, Stay Safe and Happy Crafting!




No comments: