Saturday, August 13, 2022

Friday Fun Day!

 We’re doing things a bit differently this week. Sharon is taking some well deserved time off and will be back with a video today, Saturday, I think…I try not to bother her when she’s not in the store so I haven’t talked with her in awhile. I get my info from the store grapevine. 

Today, Friday, Mona did a video and I took a few photos when I was in the store. First up is the NEW holiday release from 49th and Market. There are two collections and I have a few pieces from each one to share. The first collection is the Alena collection  

The other collection is the Holiday Wishes collection, very traditional.

I found another NEW  Sizzix die, this one for the holidays, prancing reindeer.

Keeping with Christmas, we have a large display forming in the center of the store  


Spellbinders

Penny Black dies.

It’s almost football time! Here’s a great new buffalo die cut and don’t forget your Buffalo papers!



Great, NEW Pretty Pink Posh clay sprinkles. I love the one in the center. It would be a great shaker card when paired with the cauldron.

On to Mona’s video. I’ll apologize now for the poor quality of the photos  Mona had everything shifted to the right and she rarely held anything steady enough for me to grab a screen shot. Let’s see how they came out. First Mona created three shaker cards with Memory Maker dies, a daiquiri glass, a bowl of soup and a beer mug. Spmona also shares her method of creating shakers and I hope my description makes sense.


 Mona uses the large roll of paper backed adhesive to attach to the back of her base piece, the foam she uses to give dimension to her shaker and other layers that she uses to build her shaker. Also, to help the acetate cut, Mona puts a piece of paper on either side of her acetate to get a smooth cut without any impressions in the acetate that you sometimes get with a worn cutting plate  


You can see the mug cut out of craft foam that is sandwiched between two sheets of cardstock for stability and to help check the foam ‘spread’ that happens when you squish foam in a die cut machine. 

You can see the dimension you get with the foam, perfect for those thicker sparkly things. 



The photo above shows the the ‘top’ of the shaker (the acetate is on the bottom). If you look closely you can see the pin from the Beasley Glue resting inside it. In the bottom right Mona is about to pick up the back piece, layer it on top of the other piece and in the photo below, she’s flipped the two pie es over and you can see the pin inside. Obviously, this is just to illustrate, the pin was not glued in. 
 
Because the peel off paper was attached to the bottom piece you have an element you can move around to decide exactly where you want it before easily peeling off the back for placement. 

Next up is a selection of Halloween cards Mona has made with the new Mica Sprays we showed last week. She also used several of the new Tim Holtz Sizzix dies. She also wanted you to note that these sprays are made for a limited time only. Once the supply is gone, it’s gone. If you are interested in any of these spray trios, get them now or get your order in with Sharon. 









Since we’ve had so much Halloween today I thought I’d leave you with some inspiration from Alison. In years past she made all of these spooky Halloween projects. I love them! Very inspiring, BOO!


I think this is Alison, but it may be Sharon, not sure. 

Does this sound familiar?

My 25 yr old would not get this at all…

That’s it for today, I’ll be back either Saturday night or some time on Monday with Sharon’s Saturday video. Until then, keep up the crafty good work and above all Stay Safe!

No comments: