Monday, October 12, 2015

BSS MONDAY IDEA - SNOWMAN GATE FOLD CARD

Welcome to the Buffalo Stamps and Stuff Monday Idea.

Before we get started with this week's card, I apologize for being late
with this post.  I pulled a muscle in my back on Saturday, and this card
wasn't finished.  And I was off my feet and resting my back until today.
It is getting much better each day.

This week I made a gate fold card with a wonderful
Christmas image.



Close up of adorable image.


The inside


What I used:

Stamp -Impression Obsession -Merry Kiss-Mas (L19021)
Papers - Light blue and white card stock, White and blue
glitter card stock, and Designer paper - Painted Poinsettias
6x6 stack Wild Rose Studio ((PP047)
Dies - Memory Box Frosty Border - (98171) and
Have a Jolly Christmas ( (99016)
WOW Clear Sparkle Embossing Powder (WS15R)
Red Gingham Ribbon

Card was made by cutting the light blue cardstock
12x6 inches.  Score on each end at 1" and 31/2"
The one inch score line is a valley fold and the 31/2 score
line is a mountain fold.  After folding you have a
6 x 5 inch gate fold card (will fit in a 5x7 envelope)
I cute the white mats for the 1 inch fold at 3/4 x 5 3/4.
*For the inside 2 1/2" end mats I cut at 5 3/4 x 2 1/4"
I ran these white mats through a snowflake embossing 
folder, I used a Darice folder.
*The outside designer paper mats were cut the same size
as the inside mats.
I colored the image with Copic Markers then inked the
entire image with Versafine clear embossing ink and
sprinkled with the Wow embossing powder and heated.
I cut a mat of  blue glitter paper to go behind it.
Adhere it with foam tape to the left side 1 inch piece
only, centering it on the front of the card for placement.
Add the die cuts to the inside.
Add ribbon bow.

Thanks for stopping by today
. Have a great week.
Sue Drees



No comments: