Friday, May 13, 2022

Friday with Mona!

What a great way to start our weekend. If the weather doesn’t pan out, stay in and make a card with one of the Spellbinder dies that Mona highlighted. What I loved about this video is you get to see Mona’s thought process as she plans out her images, cuts her pieces and looks at her stash to enhance her idea. 

Mona’s thought process follows my favorite construction idiom, ‘measure twice, cut once’. I’m woefully bad at following my own advice. I never seem to remember to make a rough draft version of a card design. It would save me so much grief!

I didn’t take a lot of photos. You really need to check out the video on our YouTube channel, but here are some highlights.

Featured this week is a variation on a basic ‘swing’ die. There are so many ways you can switch these up to suit any occasion you may need. Bonus, it’s so much fun to make! First up is a Father’s Day card featuring Dad’s favorite beverage. What you can’t see in this still is the legs swish back and forth.

I’ll apologize for the quality of my photos. Between how Mona positioned the objects under the camera and me being caught up in watching and listening, I probably missed better opportunities.

Mona makes cards and gift tags etc. for her grandson’s teachers each year. How adorbs is this Best Teacher card. The background is a Taylored Expressions stamp Mona had in her stash. 

I gotta get me one of these Brutus Monroe Stick and Stamp Mats!

More variations and you get an idea of how many pieces are in each die set. 

Mona’s favorite, the July Fourth holiday prompted this card. I love the background. 

 Here’s the swing!

There’s lots more to Friday’s video and I whole heartedly suggest you check it out. 

I’m running out of funnies! This one was titled ‘Summer in the Adirondacks’. My cousin’s family owns a cabin on Long Lake. I imagine this is what it’s like…


That’s it for today. I’ll be back tomorrow or Sunday with Saturday Snapshots. Don’t forget to check out YouTube and stay crafty and more importantly, Stay Safe. 


No comments: