Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Wicked Cold Winging Wednesday, Brrrrr!!

It's still only January so we really can't complain about the cold yet, but boy, is it cold! Kim has the right idea, stay in and make cards! After I finish this I'm headed back down to the basement to continue the 2022 Purge. I've started finding Alexa 'stuff' from baby to college. I like Sharon's idea. As her girls started to get older and move out and on with their lives Sharon would ask them about the items she and Mark had been storing at their house that the girls said they wanted -- until Sharon started bringing these items to the girls new homes. Suddenly, they didn't want the stuff to clutter up their homes! My daughter's excuse is she lives in a studio apartment and can't possible store all her 'stuff'. She still uses us as her off season clothes closet! Even though, for the most part, I agree with her, I have fonder memories of certain items then I know she does so I still struggle with tossing childhood memories. Another wonderful challenge of getting older.

On to new stuff! You will find Sharon's FB video from today, Wednesday, HERE.

First, I have a picture of the card Sharon was working on last week for you.

I was in the store yesterday to do a class and I had the same feeling many of our customers have when they walk in for the first time or after a long time away, it's overwhelming! I had to walk around after my class and look at the new displays and locations and try and take in all the stamping and paper fabulousness! Less you miss out, here are a few photos. Love the new class chalkboard, here's what's happening this week!


The top of the table and the rest of the displays are all winter and really cozy and cute.







Here's where there is a big change. Can you see it? No more solid cardstock! Welcome Doodlebug!

We've moved all the beautiful and bright Doodlebug papers to under our Copic markers, directly across from the check-out counter.

Directly behind the Copics is a new display of washi tapes. Look for an upcoming class with Alison that will use at least one of these larger washi designs.

Did you know underneath our large front counter is all our tools and to the far right, at the corner, are lots and lots of brushes! A full variety of brushes from at least 9 different companies for your distressing enjoyment.

Sharon has talked about her Kid's display and she's moved it to the end cap of the first display after the front counter. There is more room for fun stuff for the kiddies. We may be having a kids Valentine card kit using the new Doodlebug collection we just got in. Keep a look out for that coming soon.

Now, right around the corner from the kid's display is our Buffalo display. We have stamps, dies, papers and more for you to create Buffalo cards AND directly below this display is our paper display featuring the Bills! All you Bills fans who are throwing parties for the playoffs, get those cameras and phones out and take pictures of your Bills Mafia! Turn those pictures into great scrapbook layouts to commemorate the Bills being their division champs for the 2nd year in a row! Let's Go Buffalo!



For all of you who aren't football fans (and how did that happen?!) directly across from the Buffalo display is our Valentine's Day display. We have paper, stamps, dies - you name it for Valentine's Day. We also have at least one card class devoted to Valentine's Day using Lawn Fawn stamps. Check it out on our Class Description page of our website.


Right on the end cap of the Valentine's section is lots of little flat sided gems. We love these for accenting our cards.

Here is a big change. We've moved our 12X12 solid cardstock to the back of the store underneath our adhesives. So many more racks to display the color variety.

At the back-end of the store, facing the tables is Sharon's new Pink Fresh display with lots of the Pink Fresh product we've been using lately,

My last photo is of a box of Doodlebug that came in while I was at the store. I'm sure Sharon will be showing you all this doodly goodness in one of her videos.

That's it for me for today. So much new and fun stuff. Here's my funny for the day although, I have to admit I still struggle with FOMO* (remembering what the letters stand for and having it!)


Have a warm, healthy, SAFE week and weekend ahead. I will wish the Bills good luck, but you know my heart is with the other team. I'll be watching with my new Patriot jersey on and will be happy with which ever team wins and gets to move on (happier though if it's the Pats). Take care everyone.

No comments: